In the past few years, we have entered the era of natural hair. It has never been so fashionable and highly requested. And, the transition is much simpler than you would think.
Actually, healthy, beautiful and natural hair is attainable without spending excess sums of money on treatment.
Regularly follow the natural hair tips for black hair on this page. You can really learn how to have, maintain, beautiful natural hair.
So, why not take the leap?
Natural Hair Tips For Black Hair
- Section the hair and plait it before going to bed. This will almost completely rid your hair of tangles the next morning.
- Sleep on a satin pillow case or wear a satin scarf on your head. Not only does this stop split ends, but also minimizes the friction between between your head and the pillow.
- After shampooing your hair, separate it into four sections. Then, comb through section by section.
- Use a wide toothed comb to detangle your hair.
- Oil your scalp, not the hair, then brush the hair from the scalp out.
- Don’t use petroleum or mineral oil based products on the hair or scalp. These types of products attract due and do not penetrate the scalp.
- Use a leave-in conditioner on natural hair. But, not on locked hair as this causes a build up and discolors the locs.
- Shampooing your hair once per week is sufficient. However, working in environments such as construction will more frequency.
- After a workout at the gym, use hair shampoo to clean your scalp and leave your hair with a fresh smell.
- When wearing your natural hair out, apply a conditioner to the ends to protect it from the environmental elements.
You may also enjoy reading: Combat The Winter Blues With Fun Summer Hair